Free Shipping Over £70 / $99
Shop by Category
Design Your Own The Feminist Shop™ product and start spreading the F word today
Discover a rich showcase of the vibrant feminist aesthetic over the last 150 years: Once again, women are on the march. And since its inception in the 19th century, the Women's Movement has harnessed the power of images to transmit messages of social change and equality to the world.
• Features more than 350 works of art, illustration, photography, performance, and graphic design along with essays examining the legacy of the radical canon
• Highlights posters of the Suffrage Atelier, through the radical art of Judy Chicago and Carrie Mae Weems, to the cutting-edge work of Sethembile Msezane and Andrea Bowers
• Broken into three sections: Suffrage and Beyond 1857-1949; Defining Feminism 1960-1988; and Redefining Feminism 1989-Present
Readers familiar with Broad Strokes: 15 Women Who Made Art and Made History, Women Art and Society, and Women Artists will also enjoy The Art of Feminism and the messages it presents.
A comprehensive international survey that traces the way feminists have shaped visual arts and media throughout history.
Author Helena Reckitt is chair of the Women's Art Library and a senior lecturer in curating at Goldsmiths, University of London.
• A heartbreaking and awe-inspiring collection of art that is a must-read for women and men alike
• Makes an excellent gift for the strong women in your life